Our Solution for Simulink®
emmtrix Model Code Generator translates your Simulink® models (*.slx) into MATLAB® or GNU Octave script files (.m). The generated code is easy to understand and enables traceability to the original Simulink® blocks. If you want to take your .m files to C or C++, use our emmtrix Code Generator to have the full process in one tool.
Our Simulink® Product Workflow
emmtrix Model Code Generator (eMCG) is our tool to convert Simulink® models to MATLAB® script files. The timing behavior of the model is translated into individual steps that are executed in a loop to replicate the exact sequence of operations of the original model. The generated script files only use standard MATLAB® functions without any dependencies to Simulink or any other external libraries and can therefore be used in workflows that don’t employ Simulink®.
Each expression in the generated script file has a comment to backtrack the functionality to the module of the Simulink® model. Not all blocks are directly translated to a corresponding expression in the script. When it is beneficial for the performance or the memory consumption, expressions are summarized in for-loops or constant factors are propagated to the relevant expressions.
- Supports different Simulink® versions, starting with Simulink® 2016a
- Generation of standalone application integrating ode1, ode2, ode4, ode5 or ode8 fixed-step solvers
- Generation of parts of a model without solver optimized for code generation
- Preserves the subsystem structure whenever feasible
- Interfacing custom MATLAB® code (S-Functions)
- Supports over 100 Simulink blocks
- Multi-rate models
- Automatable back-to-back tests for functional validation
- Usable within continuous integration workflows